Wells Adams, the Bachelorette alum who was named Bachelor in Paradise's newest bartender earlier this month, is speaking out about the alleged sexual assault scandal that halted BiP's production this week.
In a statement posted to Twitter, Adams told his fans that he's "been getting a lot of questions about my take on @bachelorinparadise and I can only speak from my own experiences so... here goes nothin'.
"Some of the greatest moments in my life happened in Paradise. Some of the greatest people that I've gotten to spend time with (in front of and behind the cameras) happened in Paradise. One of the most beautiful and genuine love stories unfolded in front of my eyes in paradise. My heart breaks for those who don't share the same experiences.
"Please don't perceive this in insensitive or accusatory in any way," Adams continued. "I'm only describing my journey there and I'd ask before you pass any judgment or say hurtful things to anyone about this, you remember that there is a lot unknown and untold. Understand that my perception and experience is only mine to tell, but it's an honest one and one that I will cherish forever."
Sounds like season 4 of BiP is officially done for. What do you think?
We're used to drama on The Bachelor and all its spinoffs, but the scandal emerging from the now-suspended fourth season of Bachelor in Paradise is BEYOND horrifying.
Earlier this week, we learned that production on the show was shut down due to "allegations of misconduct," which reportedly stemmed from a nonconsensual sexual encounter between Corinne Olympios and DeMario Jackson that's now under investigation.
Sources told TMZ Monday that Corinne and DeMario had oral sex in a hot tub on set in Mexico — on camera, nonetheless — which she doesn't remember at all.
On Tuesday, The Daily Mail published a statement from one anonymous BIP crew member who said they witnessed the alleged sexual assault, and it's the most complete account of the incident we've read so far.
Here's what the crew member claims to have seen:
"Corinne and Demario found out when they arrived in Mexico that the storyline would involve the two of them hooking up so they decided to hang out and get better acquainted over drinks. Soon they decided to go swimming and when they climbed into the Jacuzzi, they were both loaded. Corinne proceeded to remove her bathing suit and things got increasingly sexual.
"There was hugging and kissing and touching, but before long, she seemed to go limp and was sliding under water. Demario kept trying to hold her up and at the same time he appeared to be having intercourse with her. After he finished — which only lasted a few seconds — he lifted her out of the water and laid her on the cement, where he proceeded to have oral sex with her. She appeared to be unconscious. At that point some of the crew came out and carried her off to her room. She was limp and seemed unable to walk on her own."
The source said they were "deeply disturbed" by the incident as well as how it was handled by people on set; apparently, no one called paramedics and Corinne was just left to "sleep it off."
Since BIP production has been halted and contestants were sent home from Puerto Vallarta, the set has turned into a "crime scene," the source added.
As new information on the incident continues to emerge, The NY Post is reporting that DeMario thinks the footage of the incident will vindicate him. (For what it's worth, TMZ's sources said Corinne doesn't blame him for the incident at all, since he was pretty tipsy during their hookup, too.)
Still, BIP host Chris Harrison has reminded us all not to believe everything we read until Warner Bros.' investigation has wrapped up.
"Normally with a situation like this I would not say anything until the incident is fully resolved, but with all the rumors and misinformation being put out there, I don’t find that to be possible anymore," the reality TV vet said in a statement.
“We urge everyone to be patient until the investigation is complete. I know in this day and age we want — and even expect — immediate answers, but in this case, it’s just not possible,” Harrison continued. "I urge you to please be patient and respect the privacy of the parties involved. I will keep you as informed and up to date as I possibly can. We’re sorry for any inconvenience and disappointment this may have caused the cast, the crew, and our loyal fans. It is my sincere hope that we can come to a quick resolution on this and get back to work very soon.”